Wednesday, August 26, 2009

restaurants i need to get to this summer...

Whilst searching for a good Thai restaurant to go to tonight (narrowed it down to 3, yes!), I came across some very interesting and obviously delicious unique restaurants in Toronto. This city truly rocks, and any foodie like me could get very fat very easily by living here.

Here are some of the ones I have to try:

Smoke's Poutinerie


















So far, the only place that I know of that makes me want to request poutine as my last meal is Chez Claudette in St. Marguerite de lac Masson in Quebec. New york fries just doesn't cut it.

Located at 218 Adelaide St. West, Smoke's Poutinerie offers its customers 15 different types of poutine, including Eggs Benedict Poutine, a Montreal Smoked Meat Poutine complete with a pickle and mustard, and for the kosher folks, Triple Pork Poutine with Pulled Pork, Italian Sausage and Double-Smoked Bacon. According to the owner, real cheese curds straight from Montreal are a must, and I couldn't agree more.

Up next for Smoke's is a giant poutine truck to be hitting the streets, and another location at Queen and Bathurst to be opening up in November.


Sweet Flour Bake Shop

I'm picky with my cookies. I like them soft like Entenmann's, I hate raisins but love oatmeal, and dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips make me nauseous. Where will I ever find a place that can make cookies MY way? Why are there always so many limits to the types of fresh bakery cookies?

Sweet Flour Bake Shop is more my style. Choose from a selection of gourmet dough, add a choice of over 20 mix-ins, and watch them bake it for you right before your eyes. Mix-ins like snickers and mini pretzels are making my mouth water at my desk, and I haven't even walked into the place yet!

But they don't stop there. You can also make your own cookie SANDWICH (yes, that's right) with a spread of your choice in the middle. Mmmm peanut butter...

Last but most definitely not least, remember the Seinfeld episode with the muffin tops? Well, that exists. But instead of having to throw out all the bottoms, Sweet Flour makes "Topless Muffins" with either an original or bran base and all your desired mix-ins.

Unfortunately, this is at Bloor and Jane, and I don't think they're moving closer any time soon. Full day excursion anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment